Dumb & Vague OCP Questions ...

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 17:51:14 -0800

I've been a DBA for several years, but now plan on getting certified because so many employers won't even hire these days without it. I just took a practice test, and scored 9/10 without a time limit, but the stupidity, irrelevance, and vagueness of some of the questions really floored me. Some of the questions were downright MISLEADING. Example: using a password file with remote_login ... set to shared. The whole point is to set it to exclusive so that you can add SYSDBA users into the file with a grant sysdba. Why do they ask about a setting that isn't supposed to be used? Then they ask if Oracle Net is part of OSI -- what the hell is OSI? -- the only OSI I know is from the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman series. Dumb questions.

Dom. Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 19:51:14 CST