Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:13:46 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0401211102.415b15ff_at_posting.google.com>...
>

>>Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074651771.391111_at_yasure>...

>>>When released it won't be a secret anywhere on this planet where
>>>electricity exists. But I think very soon ... weeks not months.
>>
>>Well, I start the project tomorrow, and if it is available tomorrow, I
>>use it, if not, I'm not a big fan of adding a major version upgrade in
>>the middle of a project, even a project that is amenable to the latest
>>and greatest.  I expect the W2K version won't be the first out the
>>gate, anyways.  Still wish I had some solid evidence Linux is better
>>(although I faithfully believe it is).

> My mood is going south. What must one think of a certification matrix
> that says 10G AS is certified for Windows, but there is no cd
> available and no download available????
>
> See metalink Note: 492154.996 for a good laugh (or cry, as my case may
> be).
>
> COME ON ORACLE, GET IT TOGETHER!
>
> Wonders what they'll answer in my iTar.
>
> "Oh yeah, it's certified, we're just working out some last minute
> bugs. It should be out around March or so."
>
> So I'm stuck with the 9iR2 "research project" yet again <sigh>.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> That's what I get for depending on some @^%#$%@!% compatibility matrix
> published on official Oracle websites.

If it makes you feel any better. 10g looks as stable as a rock to me ... at least with respect to the functionality I signed up to test. But I still wouldn't think of deploying it for a patch or two.

Go with 9iR2 for now, implement 10g when it is available in a development or test environment and make sure it is as good as it seems. It is, after all, the prudent thing to do.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)