Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 14:25:02 -0800

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0401211102.415b15ff_at_posting.google.com>...
> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074651771.391111_at_yasure>...
> > Joel Garry wrote:
> >
> > > I kinda wish they would announce when I can get cd's for things that
> > > are already certified. And is there a release date anywhere for 10g
> > > database? News and Events on metalink seems to think 9iR2 is hot
> > > stuff.
> >
> > When released it won't be a secret anywhere on this planet where
> > electricity exists. But I think very soon ... weeks not months.
>
> Well, I start the project tomorrow, and if it is available tomorrow, I
> use it, if not, I'm not a big fan of adding a major version upgrade in
> the middle of a project, even a project that is amenable to the latest
> and greatest. I expect the W2K version won't be the first out the
> gate, anyways. Still wish I had some solid evidence Linux is better
> (although I faithfully believe it is).

My mood is going south. What must one think of a certification matrix that says 10G AS is certified for Windows, but there is no cd available and no download available????

See metalink Note: 492154.996 for a good laugh (or cry, as my case may be).

COME ON ORACLE, GET IT TOGETHER! Wonders what they'll answer in my iTar.

"Oh yeah, it's certified, we're just working out some last minute bugs. It should be out around March or so."

So I'm stuck with the 9iR2 "research project" yet again <sigh>.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
That's what I get for depending on some @^%#$%@!% compatibility matrix