Re: Looking for a GOOD oracle "documenting" script

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:10:45 GMT

Looking at all of your requirements, you might be better suited to using Oracle's Enterprise Manager. With OEM, it can check your datafiles that are running out of room, etc and notify you if a threshold has been crossed. It can even be used to produce reports in HTML format and served on the web.

HTH,
Brian

Guy Dallaire wrote:

> I'm using some old oracle documenting/health check script. It's Okay, but it
> dates back to oracle 7.
>
> I'm looking for a script that I could run every day that would document my
> database (layout, memory structures, data files, redos, etc...) and give me
> some sort of health check (Datafiles that are about to bust, stuff like
> that)
>
> I could of course rewrite the script, but I don't have the time and I'm sure
> there is something better out there.
>
> The script should work directly in sql*plus (I don't want /need/ perl DBD)
> and if possible output a nice HTML report.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com