User with NO tablespace quota can still accesss and write to tablespace!

From: Laurie <laurie.kulinsky_at_wadnr.gov>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 11:26:05 -0800

Ok.... 9.2 of Oracle on Sun...

I built a test database a while back and am testing some user access stuff.

When I create a user with NO tablespace quota, and only the connect role (even backed this back to the create session role), the user can still create tables and insert data into the tables regardless of the quota given to that user, be it no quota or even limited. If limited, the users can blow right past that mark. Also the user can move the table to any other tablespace on the database (no quota on those tablespaces either)! A bad thing....

Our other databases do not display this behavior and are all the same version of Oracle....

Has anyone come across this?? Any ideas??

Last resort will be to log a TAR, didn't see anything quite like this in Metalink...

Thanks ;)
Laurie Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 13:26:05 CST