Re: Performance issues when sorting.

From: JohnB <john_at_homer.fsc.edu>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 08:18:45 -0800

Hi,

I have basicly tried all this. With no real change. I can run queries against a copy of our database that is several months old and things run fine. A report that runs 3 hours or so in our production data base will run in 2-3 minutes in the older copy (the current production database is not much larger). Are there any tools or way to look deeper into exactly what Oracle is doing? I've compared the v$parameters for each instance and they are the same. Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help.

JohnB