Re: link errors when trying to install 9.2 client under Mandrake 9.2

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 06:48:06 -0800

Jeff Fox <jfox_at_airmail.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.20.18.28.40.367445_at_airmail.net>...
> I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts.
> I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they
> work under MDK 9.2.
>
> I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc
>
> During the client install process I get this linking error:
> Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

And because you (as everyone should), before posting to this newsgroup, wanted to solve your problem by only your effort without bothering us, you for sure tried to find out what was the problem with this file (e.g. if it existed, how looks that line in makefile etc.). So why you didn't share these information with us?

--
Dusan Bolek