How to size for disk/table capacity requirements?

From: Linusz <linusz_at_email.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:42:08 +0800

Hi all,
Need to size for disk capacity for a project. My company is using Oracle 8.1.7.
A client application is writing into my server database (say 5000 records/day). These records are written to a single table (say MY_NOTES) which has 10 columns of VARCHAR2(10).

How can I go about determining the table requirements for this client app? Costing is required for the disk requirements.

Is there a defined way to go about doing this? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Linusz Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 07:42:08 CST