Index Rename ORA-14047

From: stPaul <pnearn_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 04:01:48 -0800

I am running a script which creates a temporary table as a subset of rows from an existing table, creates indexes on the new table with temporary names, renames the larger table to _old, then renames the smaller table to the original name. I want to use it as a purging mechanism

At the end drop the former table and then try to rename the indexes on the new table back to the original values using

ALTER INDEX temp_idx_name TO old_idx_name /

However when I do this I get ORA-14047 stating that

ALTER TABLE | INDEX RENAME may not be combined with other operations

And i cant see what other operations I am doing ! Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 06:01:48 CST