Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:24:01 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> I kinda wish they would announce when I can get cd's for things that
> are already certified. And is there a release date anywhere for 10g
> database? News and Events on metalink seems to think 9iR2 is hot
> stuff.

When released it won't be a secret anywhere on this planet where electricity exists. But I think very soon ... weeks not months.

>>>To put it through its paces. The last thing they want is people that
>>>like to live on the bleeding edge implementing solutions with Beta
>>>software and we both know that would happen.
>>
>>That has never happened.  If anything, those "people" use OLD versions
>>of Oracle, not new ones.  As complained SO MANY TIMES in public here
>>and everywhere else.  Well known fact and NEVER was it a concern.

> Some would argue those old versions of Oracle _were_ beta's :-)

You don't mean 8.1.5, 8.1.6, 9.0.1, and 9.0.2 by any chance? ;-)

> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/mon/business/news_mz1b19phone.html

Well I'm still waiting for more information about the last "stable" version ... 7.3.5. ;-)

<rant>
Come on folks get over the testosterone and hyperbole. No Beta has ever been offered to all licensed users by any major software company since MS made that mistake: Once.

If you want to be a Beta site for 10.1 or 10.2 or whatever it will be what is stopping you from applying right this minute? You don't truly believe 10g is the last software release Oracle will ever have. So get down off your pedestal and ask to be included if you think you have something to offer. If you don't apply please stop crying about the fact that others made the effort.
</rant>

Note: The preceding rant not directed at Joel.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu