Intermittent Instance crash

From: Manser <nmanser_at_progis.de>
Date: 20 Jan 2004 09:20:05 -0800

Hi Oracle folks,

I am running oracle 8.1.7 Server on an Alpha Server 5/625 8400 with 4 GB Mem.
running openVMS 7.3-1
I observe that occasionnally my instance crashes. Here are an extract of the alert log:

20-JAN-2004 08:22:02.43:
LMON: terminating instance due to error 29702 Instance terminated by LMON, pid = 22200440

and in the VMAL06_TEST1_BG_LMON_003.TRC;-1 file:

Have anyone of you seen this error ?
what does error 29702 means ?

in the error messages:

ORA-29702 error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation

Cause: An unexpected error occurred while performing a CGS operation.

Action: Verify that the LMON process is still active. Also, check the Oracle LMON trace files for errors.

Thanks for all advice

reguards Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 11:20:05 CST