ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: Christian Ruediger <ruediger_at_rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:24:30 +0100

I've est up the Oracle DB 8.1.7 on Sun SOLARIS Now I am Trying to create a new DB manually as described in the Administrators Guide.
I have set the environment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID
I logged in as user SYSTEM , on the SUN-System i am logged in as oracle-user.

when i try to connect vio sqlplus I get the following message:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Can anybody help me? Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 06:24:30 CST