Re: 10G

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:55:06 GMT

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:58:54 +0200, Tanel Poder wrote:

> Definitely!
> 9.2 will stay around for loooong time :)
>
> Tanel.

Most definitely. To answer the original question, 10g was written almost entirely outside of the US. With beta testing implemented in a very peculiar way that I've already wasted enough time commenting on, it's not going to be tested very thoroughly. The letter "g" in 10g will come to mean "gridlock", not just grid. I will wait for quite some time before implementing 10g. I believe that the 8i disaster with patchsets that couldn't be removed and critical bugs plaguing the OPS will return with 10g, something like Freddy or Jason, who have had numerous sequels. 10g will be Freddy vs. Jason release.
BTW, your 10g new features presentation is excellent.

--
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
(http://www.despair.com/meetings.html)