Re: Very slow connection ODBC

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:54:13 +0100

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:26:39 +0100, "Michele Rento" <mrento_at_gpi.it> wrote:

>I have a 8.1.7.4 Oracle database server on True64 4.0F.
>The connections to database using ODBC are very very slowly.
>I had the same problem on a server NT but I'm successful resolve it
>setting the parameter SQL_AUTHENTICATION_SERVER to NONE.
>
>Thanks in advance payment for help.

Please do not cross and multipost to every Oracle group you can spell. You need to enable tracing in sqlnet by putting

trace_level_client = 16
trace_unique_client = true
trace_directory_client = <any sensible directory>

to get a trace file which should show what is going on. Chances are it is just a network issue, so please also ping the database server and run a tracert against it.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA