[Oracle9i.2] How to proper un-configure RMAN online backup

From: Volker Zink <Volker.Zink_at_porabo.ch>
Date: 19 Jan 2004 02:25:03 -0800

Hi,

i have a database which is configured for online backup with RMAN. I want to configure this database (its not productive) to do no archivelog any more (thats quiet simple) and to tell RMAN that there are no more online backups, so he should forget about the data files he knows of. I want to delete them, and maybe later reconfigure rman to start online backup again, so he should not be aware of them any more (i don't use a catalog db). In the documentation i didn't find the proper answer (i assume 'alter database resetlogs' should be one of the commands i have to run).

Can somebody tell me the proper way to achieve this?

Thanks

Volker Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 04:25:03 CST