Re: Oracle RAC Consultant Maryland Needed

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:01:01 -0800

Hal Kuff wrote:

> Short four day assignment in Hunt Valley, Maryland to install and
> configure Oracle 9i RAC on Linux, would assume Red Hat Enterprise.
> Preferably on existing HP/Compaq DL380 DL580 systems for a benchmark test.
> More follow on work if we decide to deploy.
>
> kuff_at_tessco.com
> 410-229-1589

I assume, in addition to the hardware you mention, you have the appropriate shared file system hardware too. The cost of clusterware, other than Oracle's, is prohibitively expensive.

The Puget Sound Oracle Group has six machines that can be configured as anything from three 2 node clusters to a single 6 node cluster. They also have the latest release of Red Hat AS and a very nice NetApps F810 head with a couple terabytes of disk.

If you would like to explore using the PSOUG's lab to test your software contact Jack Cline ... jwcline_at_psoug.org.

The user group, of course, always accepts donations ;-) and it is a lot nicer out here this time of year.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu