Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:21:15 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:20:32 -0800, Noons wrote:

> from the google groups page, one of its adds:
> <quote>
> News, jobs, and product reviews
> for Oracle 10g users and developers
> www.developers.net
> </quote>
>
> puh-leaze....
>

> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

And, of course, 10g is available to the "chosen people" only. That is, as I've written before, a clear sign of increased "corporate culture" and decreased average IQ in the Oracle Marketing.I, for one, will take my time with transitioning to 10g and I decided to wait for the "terminal release". Any consultant offering me "10g services" will be thrown out my office, head first. All that book writing and presentation making, while the database software is available to the chosen few only, is quite annoying. And oracle does have a history of screwing up their customers, like PeopleSoft. It's very reminiscent of DEC in the early 1990's.

--
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
(http://www.despair.com/meetings.html)