Re: Orace Performance Question

From: Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:41:00 GMT

spam_at_spam.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am fairly new to oracle. About three months a go we test our app on
> a oracle 8i running on Sparc Solaris 8. Every thing was fine.. it the
> standard suit of report we run were very fast.
>
> So we moved the data onto a live system and stated using it. But now
> we cannot get the same performance. I know I am asking how is a pice
> of string question, but would like some recommendation.. This is some
> of the difference between the test and live system
>
> 1 The main table on the test system had 26 extents but on the live
> system it is on 222... Would that have a baring on the performance. It
> has it own table space
>
> 2 The secondary tables also have more extents the test system, and the
> tablespace they live in has lot more large tables in it then the test
> system. Would that cause the HI IO we are seeing when the secondary
> tables are accessed.
> The other tables are archive data, they are very rarely accessed.
>
> If any one can comment on if this has a baring on the performance ?
>
> Thanks

Compare the hardware. Any appreciable difference? Now try the indexes between the two. Diffs? Were both dbs analyzed? Compare your init params for differences. Have you modified the default settings or are they still set to their defaults?
We can assume that you have followed the installation guides etc? Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 09:41:00 CST