Re: ORACLE DBA will work for KIND BUD

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:23:16 GMT

"Malcolm Dew-Jones" <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message news:400637ff_at_news.victoria.tc.ca...
> Daniel Morgan (damorgan_at_x.washington.edu) wrote:
> : Haximus wrote:
>
> : >>Among the best of the language's oxymorons: "Marijuana initiative".
> : >
> : >
> : > Or "smart drugs."
> : >
> : > Gotta wonder about a guy whose #1 career priority is maintaining his
THC
> : > level.
>
> : Got to wonder about the sanity of any employer that would allow him on
> : the premises.
>
> : Lets see ... I think I'll bring in someone that has an admitted criminal
> : background,
>
> I didn't see that in anything he said. In fact he emphasized he would
> only do this where it was legal
>
> : who will be less lucid than they could be,
>
> also true for anyone who takes cold medicine, or turns up hung over after
> a night out, or drinks too much coffee and gets hyper
>

> : who may well
> : bring materials to the job site that put the company in jepoardy,
>
> why would you say this? for example, I know people who drink, but they
> never bring alchol to work (and what was that post about scotch again?)
>

> : who is
> : willing to identify himself as a felon on a public forum,
>
> I don't think he admitted to anything except a desire
>
> : and then trust
> : them with sensitive data on which our company relies.
>
> of course most sensible people do not trust sensitive data to anyone until
> they have had practical experience with that person and know how far they
> can depend on them.

My understanding is in Canada it is only available for medical uses. (but I could be wrong about that) This type of person (the original poster) is probably an addict. In his request for work the important thing was to get "kind bud". This is indicative of a chemical addition. The same could be said for someone who wanted to be paid in cough syrup. (or any drug, legal or not) Addiction is the continuing to do a behavior that has negative life consequences. I am (and I think Daniel) is distinguishing between someone who uses drugs (eg Scotch) and someone who is a drug addict. (eg an alcoholic) The drug that the addict uses is irrelevant. Jim Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:23:16 CST