Multiple Versions of Oracle Client

From: tobyw <t_wenham_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 07:14:06 -0800

We have multiple Oracle based applications of different versions of client. This includes 7.x, 8.x and 9.x based clients. Some of the applications also use Oracle Forms 3.x, 4.x and 5.x.

We have great problems with the coexistence of oracle versions. We know there are registry keys to point to oracle homes however it seems some of the keys are generic so if we change it for one app, this would break another one.

It complicates matters further with oracle forms as it seems one key manages the location of Oracle forms.

We are trying to get all oracle based apps to run on a single workstation with a standard version of Oracle Client (9I) the necessary tnsnames.ora file, registry settings etc so that this can occur and all apps can work together. We also would need to have separate copies of the forms for different apps as required and configure this as such.

Can anyone help/provide assistance/documentation on managing this I would be eternally greatful.

Thanks

Toby Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:14:06 CST