ORA-01031 after moving repository

From: Franz Langner <franzlangner_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:14:28 +0100

Hello world,

I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Linux Environment. 2 Disks are dedicated für OfA purposes.

To train and test Rman for backup/recovery i set up an OEM-repository beside an existing database 'hr'.

The repository has been placed in an new database.

This was done by emca. After creation all files were placed in $ORACLE_BASE/oradata/OEMREP, which didn't match ofa structure :-(

So I shut down Oracle, moved all files into their target directories, edited Pfile to hit the new location of *.ctl files and performed " startup mount " via sqlplus "sys as sysdba".

Next I altered the Database by renaming files to the new location. Every rename was successfull.
After doing that I shutdown Oracle and reboot the whole system. Logging on by sqlplus "/ as Sysdba" works.

Following things results even in OEM, connected via OMS as if standalone as in sqlplus:
Connecting / starting up / logging as "sys/mypwd_at_oemrep as sysdba" delivers "ORA-01031:Insufficient priviliges" Even the "System" account doesn't work properly

Having a look onto using standalone OEM it seems like no changes had been registered. All storage-parameters of th included datafiles points to the old value.

What went wrong?

regards

Franz Langner

franzlangner_at_gmx.de Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 08:14:28 CST