Re: Huge IOT with BLOB column - good idea ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:04:44 -0000

The range partitioned IOT sounds good.

If your range scans are on the first one or two columns of the PK to get the rest of the PK but not the BLOB, then using an OVERFLOW for the BLOB sounds like a good idea.

If your range scans are typically to collect a number of BLOBs, I don't think I'd use the overflow - it sounds as if in-line BLOBS in the IOT_TOP would be better.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

Next public appearance2:
 March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - Keynote
 March 2004 Charlotte NC - OUG Tutorial
 April 2004 Iceland