Re: Oracle database re-cerate operation

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:57:56 GMT

"Martin" <bush_90002000_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f5db949f.0401150014.61492407_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello.
>
> Could some one send me the script which recreates the existing
> database on Version 8i?
> In addition could some one give me a suggestion that how should we
> recreate the existing database using the user defined init parameters?
> I am using the following table and want that the script recreate the
> database using the parameters of "Target_parameter" column instead of
> using the default initora parameters of the existing database.
>
> The structure of the my table "Parameter" is:
>
> Parameter_id Description source_parameter
> target_parameter
>
> 1 Datafile Paths d:\oracle\datafile1
> d:\oracle\data1

Hi Martin,

I don't know about anyone else, but I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

Hopefully you understand what actually constitutes an Oracle database and that the terms data files, control files and redo logs mean something to you.

May I suggest you check out the Creating an Oracle Database in the Administration Guide (tahiti.oracle.com) as a first step as it might help with the first part of your question

Perhaps a clearer description might help with what you mean in the second part .

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 06:57:56 CST