Re: Any1 seen the latest on Larry?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2004 14:23:58 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074077868.555069_at_yasure>...
> Noons wrote:
>
> > and now may I take a bow from everybody?
> >
> > For being the first here to mention the need for
> > Larry to stop being the single head-figure of Oracle.
> >
> > MOL 3 months ago.
> > (so much for having a finger on the
> > pulse on what goes on at Oracle, eh?)
> > ;)
>
> Larry remains CEO but is no longer Board Chairman. Isn't that enough?

Well, no, because a 25% ownership means he still has too much control (from the point of view of investors). Also, he needs management from the outside, there is too much internal promotion of those who are beholden to him.

Guess he slid through:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=68jfg1%24oc7%241%40pebble.ml.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Always blame Ray: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=68jdpn%24nji%241%40pebble.ml.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Who would fire Larry if he discontinued a major database product? http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1995Dec28.153047.26599%40rossinc.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Oracle could simply say they will only support on certain unmodified