Re: Oracle session hangs

From: j. whang <jwhang_at_av.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2004 09:41:08 -0800

Yes, if you've read my post, you would've noticed that I mentioned that there is no locking involved in so far as other sessions blocking the session in question. As matter of fact, in some of instances where this type of session hanging occurs, the session has an active insert sql statement, but v$session_wait table shows that this session has event "SQL*Net more data from client". If the session in question is killed manually (via alter session kill and process kill), then another session is created which will attempt exactly the same insert query, but strangely enough, the second attempt at insert goes through without any hanging.