Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Standard edition on Solaris 8 Installation

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:23:39 GMT

Srikanth Thota wrote:

> Ya, I set the semaphores and shared memory according to manuall.
>
> Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40042D8A.AC3705E0_at_yahoo.net>...
> > Srikanth Thota wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I installed Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8. while database creation in the
> > > process of Installation I got following errors
> > >
> > > ORA-03114 not connected to oracle
> > > ORA-27101 shared memorey realm doesnt exist
> > > ORA-01012 not logged on
> > > ORA-01034 ORACLE not avaialble, after following these errors I got
> > > message Successful installation oracle and I restarted the system.
> > > when I entered sqlplus command from my oracle account I got message
> > > sqlplus not found. but when I enter sqlplusO command it is asking user
> > > name and passwd after entering the that I got again these errors
> > >
> > > ORA-03114 not connected to oracle
> > > ORA-27101 shared memorey realm doesnt exist
> > >
> > > Pl' let me know whether My oracle software is installed properley or
> > > not. else do I need to reinstall again Oracle Software.
> > >
> > > Tahnks in Advance.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > > Srikanth
> >
> > Did you set the semaphores and shared memory as discussed in the
> > 'pre-install' steps of the manual?

Then check the environment variables. (ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and the others that are mentioned in the manual.)

However, a 27101 is usually an indication that the Shared Memory has not been allocated - either gone or not enough. (In Linux kernels it is possible to set them temporarily and have the values disappear after reboot. Can't remember whether that's true with Solaris8.)

Also 'the 'successful installation' refers to the software install, not the database creation. (There should have been additional messages 'to retry' - also shown in the install log.) Try '$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbca' to (re-)create a database. Received on Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:23:39 CST