Re: Oralce 9i OpenVMS ora-27125

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:58:53 -0000

"Paul Dembry" <pade_at_nospam.trifox.com> wrote in message news:btv9ei$rcg_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> I get ora-27125 when running DBCA to create a new database. What OpenVMS
> parameters do I need to modify to get around this? There is nothing (at
> least I did not find it) in the manuals about what to change to get around

In comp.os.vms you gave some more info:
ORA-27125 unable to create shared memory segment and %SYSTEM-F-NOSUCHID, unknown rights identifier

You also mentioned the VMS version as 7.3-2

IIRC running DBCA is the first time the database is started during installation. Starting the database
is only allowed by accounts that have the correct rights identifier: Did you run authorize? Especifically
UAF> ADD/IDENTIFIER ORA_DBA (to create the identifier) UAF> GRANT/IDENTIFIER ORA_DBA ORACLE9I (to grant the identifier to the account that is going to manage Oracle)

see page 3-10 of the installation manual.

If you forgot this, I suppose running DBCA is the first time you might notice.

Please let me know if this helps, otherwise I can give you at least some of the quota I am using

regards
rob van lopik

---