Re: OEM 10g -- Daniel

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 12:01:51 -0800

"Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<q4JMb.388$AA6.129_at_fed1read03>...
> > Domenic G. wrote:
> >
> >> Question for Daniel, since he's been using 10g.
> >> Is it true the 10g version of OEM (4.0) is totally html-based, and
> >> that they scrapped all the java?
>
> When is "totally html-based" anything close to a procedural language?
> Since HTML can't do anything more than provide content to a brain dead
> web browser; I serious doubt it is the engine/brains driving
> OEM V4.
>
> However, you might be correct if you run a mauve database.

My guess is the OP is referring to pages generated on the server that contain the GUI pointers to other back end processing pages that point to all of the logic (beans, etc.). The client in this case would need nothing but the browser (no JInitiator). About the only thing I can think of that would be hard/kludgy is the updates the current version has that show ratios as they change (log buffer, etc.). Even this should be possible, but with much greater bandwidth requirements.

Since I do not use the latter anyway, I for one, would welcome this interface change.

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 14:01:51 CST