ORA-12547 Installing Database

From: Jaggie <robertsboyle_at_o2.ie>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 07:00:02 -0800

Hi there

I have run into a problem after a successful install of oracle 9.2 on HP. The creation of a new database using dbca fails with the ORA-12547 error. If I try sqlplus /nolog and connect / as sysdba I get:

sh: /u01/app/ora92/bin/oracle: Execute permission denied. ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

The permissions on this file are:

-rwsr-s--x 1 oracle oracle 77761128 Jan 13 10:58 /u01/app/ora92/bin/oracle

If I try and create the database manually I will get the same error.

This is a new install on a freshly formatted hp box. We have checked, double checked and triple checked the kernel params and they are all ok.

There is no alert log file for the attempted installs.

Can someone please help as I have hit a brick wall with regards as to what do next.

Thanks
Robert. Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 09:00:02 CST