Re: Problems running Oracle / Performance

From: Marcin P <pioro1-nospam_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:19:40 +0100

Alexander Zbiek wrote:

>>>and thats not the worst. There are always running "oracle" processes
>>>with high CPU usage.
>>>Theres nothing else running on that system.

Hello,
Is it background process (ora_<sid>) or user process ?

> Okay .. the database has been moved with ( exp user/pwd_at_db FILE=...
> COMPRESS=Y FULL=Y BUFFER=32768 ) and imported with a simple ( imp
> user/pwd_at_db fromuser=... touser=... ).

compress=Y is not good, because extent size will be diffrent, it mean you have now one big extent but next extent will have diffrent size. try to export once again with compress=N

> (the second time we executed the import we got warnings of already
> existing procedures and tables / so we dropped all the tables and
> "imp"ed again, there have been warnings again because of existing
> procedures.. but everything seems to be fine ... so we ignored them)
>
> I also ran a: [ exec dbms_utility.analyze_schema('bsw','COMPUTE');

you run it after imp ?

> Both oracles are the same version: 9.2.0.1.0

patch do 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4

regards

--
Marcin Przepiorowski