Application Design for Data Guard

From: Bernhard Krautschneider <bernhard.krautschneider_at_acp.at>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 02:19:15 -0800

Hello,

i'm looking for information about how an application should (or should not) be designed to perform good within a data guard environment. As a matter of fact I didn't find a useful documentation about that topic.

What I want to find out is, how certain application-design characteristics affect the over-all-performance when I (data)-guard the database.
For example: is an application that does frequent varchar2(4000)-inserts and updates on tables, that have many (about 40) columns, suitable for a synchronous physical standby database-environment, with physical standby redologs?

thanks in advance,
Bernhard Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 04:19:15 CST