Re: oracle databse from a cdrom

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:39:34 -0800

No Spam wrote:
> I have a cdrom containing an oracle database, all I have been able to verify
> is that the sameple Hr daatbase from v$instance works, how do I load the
> database from the cdrom and check it's contents?

No Operating System (OS) mentioned & no OS version. No version of Oracle specified.

EXACTLY how have you "been able to verify is that the sameple Hr daatbase from v$instance works" when supposedly all the DB files reside on READ-ONLY media? How did you manage to start and open this DB?

What is stopping you from copying the files onto local hard disk and bringing it online? Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 19:39:34 CST