Distinguish committed data from other transactions and uncommitted data from my transaction in a database table.

From: Manfred Bauer <manfred.bauer4711_at_gmx.de>
Date: 12 Jan 2004 11:10:26 -0800

Hello,

I have the following problem:
I have an interace table ordedata with a a sequence number to determine
the sequence of the data.
The table looks like this:
ordecode
orderow,
..
seqnbr (sequence number )

I have now a transaction, which writes one or several rows into that table.

What I want is the following:
At the beginning of the transaction I am selecting the highest sequence
number for the data for a specific order and store it in a global PL/SQL-Variable.

At the end of the transaction, I want to get again the highest sequence
number in the table for my order.

Now I want to find out in my transaction, if some other transaction have written also data in that table.

My Problem:
How can I distinguish in my transaction, if the data comes from my transaction
and is not yet committed or if the data comes from a different transaction
and is alredy committed. My transaction sees always all data regardless if it they are mine or not.

I was trying to do it with autonomous transactions, but it seems not to work.
I don't want to rely on some data, like a columns, where it is stored, who writes the data.

Is there a possibility to do this ????

Thanks

Manfred Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:10:26 CST