Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:15:44 -0600

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:51:54 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Ed Stevens wrote:
>
>> This is still a mystery to me. I post with a bogus e-mail and still
>> get the junk. I have 3 email addresses -- one with my ISP, one with
>> my employer, and one on my client's system. The one on my client's
>> system gets more junk than the other two combined. It has been
>> several years since I last knowingly exposed that address to the
>> usenet and/or the web, and yet the spam continues to grow. I seem to
>> get much more than my coworkers, so I don't think it was from an
>> internal leak.
>
>I post my real name, may real email address with a minor bit of
>obfuscation ... and receive not a single bit of spam. I'd suggest you
>reconsider those possibilities you have so quickly rejected.

Daniel,

Maybe this is my 'dumb day', but I'm not understanding what ideas I have rejected. Using Free Agent as my newsreader, I just looked at my own msg, with the 'view raw msg' option and cannot find my real e-mail address in there. If the source of my address were a leak in our own system, I would expect my co-workers to get as much junk as I do. What am I overlooking?