Re: Oracle database Security.

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:32:09 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:1073922301.965720_at_yasure...
> Jesu wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can any one suggest, how to prevent inserting or deleteing records
> > in oracle table through MS Access or VC ++ project window.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Jesu.
>
> Sybrands solution will work. An alternative is to use the
> PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table owned by SYSTEM.
>
> For information on how to use PUP and a simple demo go to:
> http://www.psoug.org/reference/pup.html
>
> PUP can be used to disable are very large number of basic capabilities
> on a per person and/or per product basis.
>
> For example the following insert statement:
>
> INSERT INTO product_user_profile
> VALUES
> ('SQL*Plus', 'JSMITH', 'SELECT', NULL, NULL,
> 'DISABLED', NULL, NULL);
>
> Disables the SELECT command in SQL*Plus for user JSMITH.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

You're right but SQL*Plus disables the command because it is designed to use PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE but this does not prevent any other application access.
I mean you can't disable any access from MS Access or other applications with PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE except those who are king enough to look at this table if there are some restrictions for them.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 10:32:09 CST