Re: rman backup to tape?

From: Marcin P <pioro1-nospam_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:52:16 +0100

utkanbir wrote:
> Hi Gurus ,
>
> Thanks for your mail. i am little bit confused. If rman cant backup
> data directly to tape without legato or etc. , doesnt it mean that
> every customer also needs 3rd party softwares like legato. I am new
> with oracle , but i know it is possible for example in informix to
> backup data to tape device without using legato or etc. Both ontape
> and onbar can do this. May be rman is a new way for backups then there
> must be a older way (like informixs ontape)

Hello,
Mayby you should buy cheap ATA disk and make backup on ATA disk and then move it on tape devices ?
Another way is doing cold or hot backup using OS command's.

Or mayby check other software like Veritas, TSM, Arkeia - all of them have support to Oracle and RMAN.

--
best regards,
Marcin Przepiórowski