Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:17:08 -0600

Comment embedded . . .

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:54:22 +1100, "Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote:

>"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3FFD5472.4BF_at_yahoo.com...
>
>> but in reality...
>> I use my real email address because I just like getting those spams
>> about a smaller mortgage, a better credit card or a bigger dong
>
>You don't have to. You need a fake e-mail so
>all the dong-stuff ends up there.

This is still a mystery to me. I post with a bogus e-mail and still get the junk. I have 3 email addresses -- one with my ISP, one with my employer, and one on my client's system. The one on my client's system gets more junk than the other two combined. It has been several years since I last knowingly exposed that address to the usenet and/or the web, and yet the spam continues to grow. I seem to get much more than my coworkers, so I don't think it was from an internal leak.