Re: Know whether oracle is installed in unix box

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 16:23:59 -0800

v_girish_engg_at_yahoo.com (Girish) wrote in message news:<fc915144.0401091106.3b85499f_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> How will I know whether oracle is installed in unix box? The unix box
> is used as the App server.
>
> Regards

Most installations of Oracle on UNIX are installed in a directory named something like /oracle, /oracle81, etc... try df -k and give a look

If Oracle is running you can find the instance by issuing ps -ef | grep pmon

If no luck with the first two suggestions then use the find command from root and look for the oratab file. It is under /etc on our AIX box. On one platform we were on it may have been under /var/opt/oracle.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 18:23:59 CST