Database Link Resources

From: Stu <stuart.weitzman_at_nordstrom.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 12:20:58 -0800

Hello All,

We're working on a fairly complex situation here and I was hoping for a little outside knowlede on Database Links.

We're connecting to one database using WebLogic. Within the application, we make a call to a stored procedure that is located within another database. This is done via the DBLink.

What's happening is that we are running out of resources in the second DB.

The first db (WebLogic) allows up to 130 connections, while the second only has the ability to allow up to 20. It seem that once the connection is made via the link, it is not released until the connection is closed to the MAIN DB. Since connection pooling is on there... Well, we're basically losing connectivit on the second pretty quickly.

Weblogic, of course, says to access the DB's directly using JDBC, and NOT to use the link (not an option for us due to security reasons).

Any other ideas out there??

Thanks,
Stu Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 14:20:58 CST