Re: oracle Performance decrease when number of connections increase

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08 Jan 2004 17:41:33 GMT

"and" <ac_at_egeneral.com.hk> wrote:
> hi everyone,
> i am using oracle 9.2.0 and i have written a simple jdbc java program
> to insert a record within a for loop to a table using jdbc thin
> driver(refer to the bottom of this email for the sql statement). Using
> the same program, when i insert 20000 records from 1 process, time is
> about 100 seconds. However, when i insert 1000 records from 20
> process, time is about 1000 seconds, which is 10 times.

I'm tempted to ask if you are committing every insert individually, but in neither case does it account for the difference, that I can see.

Did you run each several times, to make sure you aren't seeing some fluke cause by external events?

> Since i am developing a OLTP system which needs to insert lots of
> transaction within one seconds from more than 30 ejb and each records
> about 2k size, sytem is heavily depends on the database access. Do
> anyone know how to speed it up ?
> i have also attached the result of sprepsql script of statspack in the
> followings for reference

You need to trace them in a way that shows you the wait events.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service              New Rate! $9.95/Month 50GB