Re: Oracle session hangs

From: Justin Ziegler <ziegler_w_justin_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 13:47:01 -0800

Thanks to all those that replied.

Today we tried the hotsos.com 10046 event tracing. But it seems that once the session hangs, it hangs for good, and does not even show anything in the 10046 trace file.

Does that sound familiar to anybody ?

To answer some of the questions : we have an application server that uses a connection pool. Not all the connections are used all the time. Some may even spend most of their time waiting. Only a few connections in each connection pool a very active. When this problem occurs, only one of the connections goes in limbo. All of the others work fine. Also, the code that generates the hang works most of the time. It is not exactly easy to reproduce...