OEM alerts - 'cleared' event that never happened??

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:20:56 -0600

Platform: Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2k, OEM 2.2

For some time now we have been successfully using OEM alerts, sending e-mail to myself and my partner. While I'm sure we aren't exploiting it to its fullest, we have been pleased with the results so far. I have registered 7 events on all of my production db's.

Today I received 6 e-mails -- actually 2 sets of 3 e-mails. Each set had the following:

OEM:Event space - Tablespace Full . . . .cleared
OEM:Event fault - Archiver hung . . . cleared
OEM:Event fault - user blocks . . . cleared

All three events were on the same db. At first glance, one would say "ok, these events are cleared, the db is happy again." BUT . . . I never got the notification that there was a problem in the first place. And a check of the OEM history doesn't reveal these events (the original event that is now reported as cleared) having ever occurred. And a check of the alert log shows no errors being reported. The tablespace full and archiver hung events definately should have shown up there, and the phone would have started ringing had these events occurred. Nada.

Does anyone have a sane explanation? Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 14:20:56 CST