creating ewallet (8i)

From: Markus Erdmann <aaa_at_bbb.ccc>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:00:13 +0100

Hello Ng,

I try using my - already - existing certificate and private key in a wallet. Because the Oracle Wallet Manager (8i) doesn't support this i am trying creating a pkcs#12 file. This file includes the CA certificate, the private key and certificate of my server.
The following steps where performed:
- create pkcs#12 file:

openssl pkcs12 -export -certfile ca-cert.pem -inkey my-private-key -in my-server-cert -name 'friendly-name' -certpbe PBE-SHA1-RC2-40 -keypbe PBE-SHA1-3DES -noiter -out ewallet.p12

Now i have a wallet...but the owm refuses to open it. owm wants the password for the wallet, but does't accept the, correct, password supplied.

Can someone give me a hint?

Greetings Malcom Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 12:00:13 CST