Network problem ? ORA-03113 hostdef does not exist on idle sessions

From: Guy Dallaire <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:56:03 -0500

We recently installed oracle 8i on a new solaris 9 server. The install went smooth and the database is working just fine.

We have a similar database on another server, instaled in the same exact configuration and it works just as well.

The only difference is that the new server runs solaris 9 and has more memory and a faster CPU. The goal of the project is to rapatriate an ASP hosted application in-house.

Fos some strange reason, even if the idle conenction time limit is NOT set in the default profile, when I open an sql*net connection to the new database, after a while, it gets disconnected.

I have seen some collisions on the network interface. I also have run sun's JASS toolkit to harden the server.

I suspect a network problem but I cannot be sure if JASS is not the culprit. Maybe it introduced some settings that closes idle TCP connection.

Does someone have a clue, or a good way to try to troubleshoot that kind of problem ?

Thanks Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 08:56:03 CST