Re: cursor_sharing=similar

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:35:02 -0000

Yes. I started with a database trigger to do this which works fine, but in fact we have just set cursor_sharing back to exact at least until we get to do the upgrade as this issue would affect schemas responsible for about 40% of the workload on the server anyway.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Niall Litchfield wrote:
> >
> > A few days ago I stated that we hadn't been burned with
> > cursor_sharing=similar on 9.2. I spoke too soon. Almost the next day
> > (doesn't that always happen)we hit unpublished bug 2474192 which in our
case
> > prevents us maintaining intermedia indexes with cursor_sharing=similar.
This