Sizing Locally Managed Tablespace

From: Ronnie <ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2004 12:45:18 -0800

Hi,

We have a database on which I am planning to create a Locally Managed Tablespace. The Tables/objects in this table space will be dropped nightly and fresh data imported using the import utility from our internal databases.

The reason we are doing this is because we want 2 databases one internal and one external. Internal database being the one where our employees enter the data and external databaseis the one which our clients access.

This particular application in question needs to be available to our clients hence this export import.

Now my question?

This is a small application. Around 3 Gigs of data in 3 datafiles. It consists of tables of various sizes a lot being small lookup tables and some 1 which has over a million rows.

How should I size my LMT on my external database to get the best performance and optimal storage.

Thanks
Ron Received on Tue Jan 06 2004 - 14:45:18 CST