Oracle9i: Monitoring transactions Question

From: A. Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:59:38 -0600

Fellow Oracle Netters:

I need to know what sort of queries and transactions are being done in an Oracle9i database server which I am the DBA.

I would like to see the actual sql commands performed by the connected users in order to optimize the performance of this database.

Now, I have two partial ways of doing it and seeing part of the commands:

  1. run the query: SELECT SQL_TEXT FROM V$SQLTEXT and
  2. run some of the tools in the OEM console like "top sessions"

Now the question is:

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

  1. Fuentes 512-297-9937