Re: strange TNS-12154

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:09:24 -0600

Peter,

Sever based, client based . . . . they are all clients to Oracle. I'm still waiting to hear back from the developer as to where he was executing his stand-alone vb code vs. the ASP code. If they were both being executed on the web server box . . . .

I don't understand your assertion that "IIS does not like an Oracle client information in other server." What does IIS know or care about anything to do with Oracle? Is IIS standing *between* the ASP code and the Oracle SQL*Net interface? I don't think so, but could be wrong. Actually, between several test and prod web servers, we have a mix of configurations . . . some with their own local TNSNAMES, some with TNS_ADMIN pointing off to another server. We've never had a technical problem with either. (Administrative problems are a different question!)