Re: benefits of multiple switch logfile calls?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:41:41 GMT

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:26:43 +0000, Don Seiler wrote:
> So overall do you think my original problem was due to trying the "using
> backup controlfile" method rather than re-creating the controlfile from
> the code in the trace file?

Also would the order of operations (controlfile dump vs. archive log) matter in the case of saving a binary control file with BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO <DEST>? Other posts indicate that I would want to backup the binary controlfile BEFORE switching logs.

Should I just leave the world of binary controlfile backups behind me and not even worry about it anymore? Received on Tue Jan 06 2004 - 10:41:41 CST