Re: Database Design

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:51:18 -0800

Noons wrote:

> Sy does...
> :D

I know. And there is a part of me that silently cheers each and every time because I believe we truly need to self-police our industry. Had we done so five or more years ago we wouldn't be seeing salaries drop and we wouldn't be seeing our jobs offshored.

One might note here that physicians self-police with groups like the American Board of Urologists (http://www.abu.org), American Board of Dermatology (http://www.abderm.org), etc. So do attorneys with organizations like the American Bar Association and state bars. And I know similar organizations exist in most countries.

Larry Ellison and company should not be the one that decides what qualifies a DBA to practice ... it should be the practitioners themselves. Just as it is not the hospitals and companies that manufacture surgical instruments that police surgeons.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu